Thursday, February 18, 2010

A quilt for Jasper

I finally finished it!
I collected squares from across the continent and sewed them into a quilt for a very special little boy. His mother and I were a part of a group of women who were all around the same time, November 2008. Jasper was born with a host of medical conditions, including a pretty serious congenital heart defect. I have never met this woman, or Jasper, but have been following thier story and am just in awe of this little boys strength and his spirit. He is such a gentle soul and when you see his picture and read his mothers stories, part of you falls in love with him.
I wanted to do something nice for Jasper and his mother. I wanted them to know there were people behind them, invisible and more often than not unknown, but they are there none the less.
I asked everyone for a 9x9 inch square and if they had scrap fabric to send that as well. I peiced it, sewed it, backed it in a super soft red flannel to cuddle up in, bound it and am damn proud of it.
Aside from the little black cat that seemed to enjoy it as well, I really hope that Mr.Jasper enjoys the colours and the coziness and continues to fight like the little trooper he is.

Photobucket


-Update-

Jasper passed away February 23, 2010 at 5:49 am
My heart just aches for him and his family.

No comments:

Post a Comment